Friday, May 22, 2009

Stupid Dreams

I woke up at about 3 am this morning, awakened by a dream. It was so real, it was a phone call from you. You sounded so happy and vital, telling me that you had put in a request to transfer out of your unit and into another and that you had sought treatment at the medical center a few weeks ago and that things were going great for you. I was so happy that you called I closed the shop down early to head home...

On the way home there was a young guy in a truck stopped on a dangerous curve on the road home trying to kill a huge snake. I ran the guy off and told him to leave the snake alone and I would take care of it. I went to where the snake was -- he was about eight feet long, thick, brown with beige markings and he had two heads. He was docile - not aggressive at all considering someone had just been trying to kill him. My son picked him up so we could bring him home and he still made no attempt to strike out or escape.

Just when I think dreams are meaningless I get one this strange. Where's a dream reader when you need one?

2 comments:

  1. At a critical juncture (curve), you have stopped someone (young man) from preventing you from making one of two choices (snake w/two heads). Either choice will be ok, as the snake is docile, but you took him home...you have to decide which way to go.

    The snake represents knowledge, wisdom. You have two paths to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I don't have any decisions to make, unfortunately the young man in my life made the decision without me.

    ReplyDelete