Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Still

As much as my small world has changed, it remains the same.
I still wake up in the morning thinking of you, but don't reach for the laptop to see your words of love and caring.
I still get to work and see your picture on the wall, but I won't move the other papers covering it to see your face.
I still look at the caller ID when the phone rings, but know that it won't be your voice surprising me when I say hello.
I still listen to my messages every morning, but I can't bear to listen or delete yours.
I still think of you during some special songs, but now instead of singing along I change the station.
I still have a smile on my face, but the smile no longer shines in my eyes.
I still count days, but it's the days since our last contact, not the days until you are here.
I still can't wait for the day to end, but not to make time pass - to pass the time.
I still go to sleep thinking about you and wake up in the middle of the night because of you.
I still have an ache in my heart, but I can feel it fading with each passing day.
I still miss you, but missing you is empty.
I still love you, but loving nothing is hard.
I am still.

2 comments:

  1. Oh...I know what you're talking about...very deep ache...hurts but useless...will go away, but somehow the memory will linger like a phantom...beautiful piece of writing baring your soul.

    A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. And many thanks for reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete