Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Getting to Know You...Before the Fall ("BTF")

FROM: ME
TO: HIM
I don’t know you – I know that over the internet I’m sexually attracted to you, but don’t know that it will be that way in person. And there’s no way to tell – fifteen minutes in my driveway wouldn’t tell me that. It would tell me you’re cute, it would tell me you smell good, it would tell me if you had a hard on, but whether or not we’d actually be able to stand each other for more than 24-hours, nope – it wouldn’t tell me that.

Today I’m in Maryland and you are in Iraq. My plan is to email you today, and if I wake up tomorrow – I’ll email you again. If you show up at my door, we’ll take whatever next step we want to take when it happens. No planning here. When I plan, I plan to be disappointed – how about you?

FROM: HIM
TO: ME
I understand that there needs to be feelings there, but how much do you want to get to know me? I'm learning a lot about you. Example, as nice as your boyfriend is, you never fell in love with him because the two of you are not each other's type. Well from what I can tell you and I are each others type. What's to stop you from falling after you get to know me?

FROM: ME
TO: HIM
Today, there’s 4,500 miles preventing this from happening, when you come back home there will be 1,000 miles…long distance relationships rarely work, someone has to move. I can’t move, you can’t move (unless ordered to do so) – making the scenario highly unlikely that either of us will fall for the other. Warm flesh trumps emails every day of the week.

Now, tell me what will keep you from falling for me (I hadn’t even considered that a possibility before)?

FROM: HIM
TO: ME
In a nut shell, all those things I emailed you last night....my kids, my career, your business, me moving around a lot....those things.

FROM: ME
TO: HIM
See, so what do we have to worry about? You’re not going to fall for me, I’m not going to fall for you – we’ll just lust after each other from a distance and wonder what if…

1 comment:

  1. "we’ll just lust after each other from a distance and wonder what if…"

    I love this - and with all the lust and the pure intention, that is still no guarantee that 'she" wont fall in love with "him"


    P.S Are you copyrighting these

    E.H>

    ReplyDelete